Highlights of Zagori in 4 days
Zagori, the “land behind the mountains” is one of those places which “leave” the best impressions to the visitor. Breathtaking mountains, crystal clear waters and the traditional architecture of the settlements, compose a nature of unspoiled beauty…. At the upcoming days your steps will lead you to places which show the real beauty and hospitality of Greek countryside…
Day 1: Arrival – Monodendri village
Arrival at Ioannina airport, direct transportation to Monodendri village and check-in to local hotel. The rest of the day is free to explore the village. You can optionally walk to Oxia viewpoint and admire the breathtaking views of Vikos Gorge from Agia Paraskevi Monastery.
Day 2: Monodendri – Vikos Gorge – Mikro Papingo
We follow the signposted path near the open – air theatre at the top of the trail. From there the path drops steeply to the Voidomatis River. It continues through the woods in a charming footpath which parallels the river. We exit at Vikos village, where our transportation waits to drive us to Mikro Papingo village for overnight stay.
Day 3: Mikro Papingo – Dragon Lake – Mikro Papingo
We start our hike by following an uphill path that offers us great views of the impressive landscape. After about 3 hours we reach the mountain refuge of Astraka, where we can have a rest stop for a while. We continue our hike up to the Dragon Lake. We admire the breathtaking views and we bring in mind the myth of the Dragons….
We return from the same path to Mikro Papingo for overnight stay.
Day 4: Departure day
Morning transportation from Mikro Papingo to Ioannina. End of trip.
- The trip starts and ends at Ioannina airport. Please note that different transportation arrangements can be made under request.
- All local transportations and luggage transfers are included in the package
- Accommodations in local hotels, breakfast included
- 2 packed lunches are provided (dinners, drinks and beverages are not included)
- Difficulty rate: B+
- Travel insurance is not included in the package
- Professional guide’s services are included